Inspiring recipes :
Hein Geers, Netherlands
- 75 grams of sugar
- 60 grams of water
- 3 grams of potato starch
- 8 grams of water
- 5 grams of lemon juice
- 18 grams of basil
- bring the water and sugar to the boil and thicken the sauce with the starch.
- finely chop the basil.
- create a smooth paste of the water, the lemon juice, and the basil using a hand blender.
- add the thickened sugar water and mix it.
- pass the sauce through a sieve and let it cool down.
Panna cotta of kumquat
- 150 grams of kumquat puree
- 300 grams of cream 32%
- 90 grams of white caster sugar
- 6 grams of gelatine
- 20 grams of water
- soak the gelatine in the water.
- boil the cream, the puree, and the sugar.
- dissolve the gelatine in this mixture and pour it into the moulds.
- 50 grams of milk
- 100 grams of dark chocolate “Sao Thomé”
- 3 grams of vanilla “Bourbon”
- 5 grams of “Hemeltje op aarde”
- 50 grams of meringue
- 25 grams of butter
- bring the milk with the vanilla to the boil and dissolve the chocolate and the butter into it.
- mix the meringue and the liquer with the ganache once it is cold.
- pipe the mousse immediately into a dented flexipan.
Raspberry tea granité
- 185 ml of red wine
- 20 ml of crème de cassis
- 125 grams of raspberry puree
- ± 45 grams of sliced orange
- ± 45 grams of sliced lemon
- 1 vanilla pod “Bourbon”
- 100 grams of sugar
- 20 ml of raspberry esprit
- 4 grams of jasmine tea leaves
- 240 grams of water
- boil all ingredients together for approx. 5 minutes until 8°B is reached.
- pass the liquid through a sieve, put it in the freezer, and frequently stir the mass.
Dessert made at the World Chocolate Masters 2005 Finals in France.