Inspiring recipes :
Hein Geers, Netherlands
Composition of the cake
- Cup of white chocolate with raspberry coulis
- Chocolate mousse
- Palm sugar caramel
- Pistachio biscuit
- Panna cotta of Tonka beans
- Pistachio biscuit
Pistachio biscuit 4 slices
- 150 grams of egg yolks
- 75 grams of pistachio nuts
- 75 grams of sugar
- 115 grams of egg whites
- 38 grams of sugar
- 75 grams of flour (heat treated)
- grind the pistachio nuts and mix them with the sugar.
- beat the egg yolks, pass them through a sieve and beat them, together with the mixture of sugar and nuts, till the foam holds soft peaks.
- at the same time, beat the egg whites and the 38 grams of sugar until the foam holds stiff peaks.
- mix both compounds together and gently fold the sifted flour into the mixture.
- cover baking sheets with a 1.5 cm thick layer of the batter.
- bake it at 200 ° C for 6 to 8 minutes.
Palm sugar caramel 2 slices
- 80 grams of palm sugar
- 16 grams of glucose syrup
- 20 grams of butter
- 60 grams of cream 35%
- 30 grams of milk chocolate "Java"
- melt and caramelise the palm sugar and the glucose syrup at 92 ° R.
- quench the caramel with the butter and the cream.
- add the chocolate when the temperature of the caramel reaches approx. 45 ° C.
- pour the caramel into rubber moulds and put these into the freezer. (approx. 7 grams per mould)
Panna cotta of Tonka beans 2 slices
- 335 grams of cream 35%
- 60 grams of white caster sugar
- 3 grams of Tonka beans
- 0.5 pod of vanilla
- 4.5 grams of gelatine powder
- 18 grams of water
- soak the gelatine powder in the water.
- mix the cream, the caster sugar, the vanilla pods and the crushed Tonka beans and bring to the boil.
- dissolve the soaked gelatine in the cream, cover the mixture and let it cool down.
- when the mixture starts to set, pour it into rubber moulds (180 grams) and put it in the freezer.
Chocolat mousse 2 cakes
Pate a bombe
- 85 grams of sugar
- 25 grams of water
- 140 grams of egg yolks
- beat the yolks till fluffy.
- bring the water and the sugar to the boil at 96°R.
- add the sugar water to the beaten egg yolks in a steady stream while stirring the mixture.
- cool down to a temperature of approx. 35°C while beating.
- 150 grams of sugar
- 60 grams of water
- 90 grams of egg whites
- 60 grams of sugar
- beat the egg whites and 60 grams of sugar until it holds stiff peaks.
- bring the water and 150 grams of sugar to the boil at 96°R.
- add the boiled sugar in a steady stream to the foam while gently whisking it.
- let the foam cool down while whisking.
- 230 grams of dark chocolate "Sao Thomé"
- 286 grams of cream 35%
- 20 ml of coffee esprit
- melt the chocolate and mix it with the pate a bombe.
- add 100 grams of the meringue and the coffee esprit to the mixture.
- mix the compound with the lightly beaten cream.
- 250 grams of raspberry puree
- 25 grams of glucose syrup
- 22 grams of sugar
- 35 grams of water
- 35 grams of honey
- 2 grams of gelatine
- 10 grams of raspberry esprit
- soak the gelatine in the water.
- boil the raspberry puree with the sugar and the glucose syrup.
- add the honey and the gelatine.
- add the esprit when the coulis has cooled down.
Pastry made at the World Chocolate Masters 2005 Finals in France.