Feuille de tabac
Hein Geers, Netherlands
- 75 grams of almond paste 75%
- 50 grams of roughly chopped marrons
- 6 grams of palet esprit
- mix the ingredients to a homogeneous mass.
- 175 grams of cream 35%
- 57 grams of glucose syrup
- 300 grams of milk chocolate “Java”
- 7 ml of mixed spices esprit
- 7 ml of Randerine esprit
- 1,5 grams of tobacco leaf “Brasil”
- heat the cream to 90°C and let the tobacco leaf draw for one minute.
- pass the cream through a sieve to remove the leaves and add the glucose to the liquid.
- finely chop the chocolate and dissolve it in the cream at approx. 45°C.
- add the esprits when the ganache has cooled down.
Use milk chocolate (Java) to create the moulds.
Fill the tip of the praline with chestnut paste.
Fill up the moulds with tobacco ganache.
Praline made at the World Chocolate Masters 2005 Finals in France.