National Selections : Denmark :
1. Cakes : How many cakes must be decorated?
2 cakes must be decorated : 1 for photography and to be shown to jury and 1 to be integrated into the showpiece. The one that has been used for pictures can be cut and tasted by the guests at the proclamation.
2. Cake : Would it be allowed to bring a drawing for the decorations for instance to be placed under a plastic foil?
Yes, this is allowed.
3. Cake : After the presentation of the cakes to the jury will the cakes then be placed at the tables of the working boxes?
1 to 2 cakes will be tasted by the jury, 1 must be integrated into the showpiece. The remainders of the 2nd cake will be refrigerated until the proclamation.
4. Showpiece : Can 'Edible Lustre Colour' (gold, silver etc) be used to colour cocoa butter and/or chocolate?
In general, only colourings on a cocoa butter base are allowed. The only exception are gold leaf and these lustre colours.
5. Equipment : Do you bring a microwave oven for each contestant, and is it allowed to use it for tempering of chocolate when working with the mystery box?
Yes, we bring one for each and it is allowed for tempering and any other use.
6. Mystery Praline : After the presentation of the mystery pralines to the technical jury will the remaining number then be placed at the tables of the working boxes?
These will be presented to the public at the proclamation.
7. Pralines : What is the definition of a praline? Is it allowed for instance to decorate it so that it reminds more about a â€œpetit fourâ€??
Yes, this is allowed. Creative approaches in shape and taste are very much appreciated.
8. Recipes : 10 copies of the recipe books will be handed in to the Organising CommittÃ©e. Who will get these recipe books and when?
The technical jury will each get a recipe book in the morning and the rest are for the Organising Committee.
9. Showpiece : is it allowed to use modelling chocolate (sugar, water, glucose & dark, milk or white chocolate + colourings)
Yes, this is allowed BUT only in small quantities and only where normal chocolate cannot be used.
10. Showpiece : What is the height of the 'base' for the showpiece?
97 cm high, dark base in tropical wood
11. Showpiece : Will it be possible to spray the showpiece 'on spot' or will the contestants have to do it from home? Is it allowed to bring one's own spraygun?
The showpiece can be sprayed in place, but please use cardboard to protect the environment! It is allowed to bring your own spraygun.
12. Showpiece : Is it allowed to bring colours for the airbrush?
For the assembling of the showpiece this is ok. For theMystery Box, only the material and ingredients in the Box are allowed.